Termites are ferocious wood eaters and colonies of termites will eat non-stop 24 hours a day all week long without slowing down. Termites are as old as dinosaurs and will probably be around a lot longer than humans. Believe it or not, termites are beneficial insects because of their innate ability to eat and recycle fallen trees and branches. It takes a very long time for large tree stumps and limbs to decay naturally. This is where termites come into play; clearing New Jersey’s landscape of dead tree litter.
Like ants, termites are social insects that are part of larger termite colonies or families that can contain as many as two million termites! These termite colonies consist of numerous soldiers, workers, and reproductive termites.
THREAT TO HUMANS
Most homeowners will realize that they have a termite issue when they see termite swarmers somewhere inside or outside of their NJ home. Termite swarmers are easily identified by their straight waist and double set of wings that are similar in length. In NJ, our biggest termite threat comes in the way of subterranean termites. Other NJ homeowners will realize that they have a termite issue when they stumble upon termite damage similar to the wood damage seen here.
Subterranean termites cause the most destruction. These termites will consume an enormous amount of wood over time and cause NJ homeowners an even greater amount of headaches and lost sleep. The damage these termites cause can be very expensive to fix, destroying the infrastructure of foundations, support beams, flooring, and much more. Termites in NJ are an expensive threat, but thankfully Arkadia – Eco Pest Control provides termite protection plans that work.
TERMITE PROTECTION PLANS – The Greener Solution
The best way to prevent termites from damaging your home is to be proactive and hire a professionally licensed and insured termite professional to asses your property and lay out a preventative termite protection plan that will work to keep termites at bay. Arkadia’s termite protection plan does just that and always comes with a no-hassle guarantee. Our termite protection plans come in two forms. Our first termite protection plan includes a bi-annual service that is by far the most comprehensive termite preventative pest control service available in New Jersey and is the one service we highly recommend to all of our loyal and new customers.
The second termite preventative plan we have put together is a quarterly service plan that includes four yearly inspections and bait station checks. Both of our Termite preventative service protection plans in NJ comes with our no-hassle guarantee and both utilize termite monitoring bait stations that are installed around the perimeter of your house to monitor and eliminate any termite colonies that may be present in the soil surrounding your home.
TERMITE PREVENTION TIPS – Here is list of actions that all New Jersey residents can take to make their home less susceptible to Termites.
- Remove and replace all insect damaged wood and water damaged wood from home.
- Don’t affix wooden trellises to exterior walls.
- Keep mulch, wood debris, scrap lumber, sawdust and firewood away from your home. If you do keep firewood outside your house during the winter, keep it raised and off the ground.
- Don’t stack, store or bury wood debris adjacent to your home.
- Trim all shrubs, bushes and other dense greenery away from the foundation of your home. Move mulch away from the foundation as well.
- Remove infested trees and stumps.
- Repair leaking faucets and water lines, both indoors and outdoors.
- Fix leaky roofs and gutters.
- Don’t allow leaves to accumulate in gutters and drains.
- Grade soil so that water (including air-conditioning condensation) runs away from foundations.
- Ventilate crawl spaces and attics to reduce humidity.
- Remove all wood to soil contact.
- Cover at least 90% of the soil in crawl spaces with plastic sheeting.
- Keep wood siding, stucco and foam board at least six inches away from the ground.
- Seal all cracks and holes in your home’s foundation, which may provide a handy access point for termites or carpenter ants.
Our termite protection plans available are by far the most comprehensive and most affordable termite protections plans available on the market today and utilize the newest termite elimination technology available on the market. The termite bait systems we use in New Jersey DO NOT saturate your soil with pesticides and are the GREENER solution to other termite elimination and protection services currently being used in New Jersey. So don’t hesitate to protect your home from wood destroying termites. Contact Arkadia – Eco Pest Control today!