Not only are we an environmentally friendly pest control company, but we help you with other tedious tasks as well such as gutter cleaning. Over time, our technicians have discovered a direct correlation between our customers’ insect problems and clogged downspouts and gutters. This connection is especially true in instances of Mosquito and Carpenter Ant infestations.
Gutters filled with leaves, standing water, and other debris increase your chances of experiencing rodent and insect problems. Since we noticed a direct tie between increased insect populations and filled gutters, we added gutter cleaning services as a critical part of the pest control process.
Our Gutter Cleaning Service Includes
- Downspout unclogging
- Removing leaves and debris from the gutters so they can drain properly
- Inspecting your gutters and identifying problems such as improper water runoff, drainage issues, and faulty gutters
Why It’s Critical to Maintain Your Gutters
Many problems occur when you fail to maintain your gutters. If water can’t flow freely in your gutters and away from your house, then it can damage many parts of your home. Here are just some of the issues that may arise if you don’t take care of your gutters regularly:
- Ice may dam in your gutters during the winter
- Excessive water flow increases the risks of slips and falls
- Water may collect in the basement or other places in your house
- Landscape can erode around downspouts if water can’t flow correctly
- Damage to the doors, windows, and walls of your home
- Foundation or roof damage
- Collapsing or sagging gutters
- Plants can grow in your gutters and block water flow
- Water that collects in clogged gutters is the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes
- Carpenter ants can easily access and infest your house through water-damaged wood
How to Know if Your Gutter Needs to be Cleaned
You’re not always aware that your gutters need cleaning, but your house will show you signs that it’s time to clean them out.
- 1. You See Water Running Over the Sides of Your Gutters: If water cascades over your gutters, it’s a sure sign that your gutters have a significant amount of debris accumulating in them. You may also notice flooding in your basement, and this may be because of the overflowing water from your gutters.
- 2. Stained Siding: If your siding has suspicious stains on it, this can be a sign that your gutters are clogged and collecting water. Stagnant water can wreak havoc on your home by damaging the fascia boards behind your roof shingles and gutters.
- 3. Sagging Gutters: Sagging gutters are a clear sign that your gutters may be clogged. Debris, grit, pine needles, and leaves can gather in obstructed gutters causing them to sag. If this happens, your gutters won’t direct water away from your house, and water damage could occur. The longer the debris sits in your gutters, the more they’ll sag. Eventually, they’ll become loose and pull further away from your home.
- 4. Plant Growth: When you look at your gutter, do you see plants growing in it? It’s time to clean the gutters when this happens. Seeds pile up in your gutters with the debris and dirt forming the perfect habitat for plant growth.
- 5. You See Pests and Birds on Your Roof: Once you see pests and birds on your roof, you likely have gutter problems and an infestation of undesirable animals and insects. These pests can cause significant damage to your home so cleaning your gutters is imperative.
Contact Arkadia-Eco Pest Control if you have any of the problems above or if you want to prevent an infestation of pests and damage to your home. Our certified technicians can spot faulty or clogged gutters. We’ll clean your gutters to maintain the integrity of your roofing system. Our services include:
- Inspecting your gutters. identifying faulty gutters, and improper water runoff
- Unclogging downspouts
- Removing debris from gutters to ensure they drain properly
- We also perform quarterly or bi-annually gutter cleaning services, so you never have to worry about clogged gutters. It’s one more task you can cross off of your list and one less home maintenance element to worry about.