Bed Bug Prevention & Preperation for Treatment
Here are some basic steps that can be taken to help protect you from bed bugs in NJ.
1. Before bringing new furniture or used furniture into your house, inspect it carefully. Bed bugs can be found in mattresses, bed frames, picture frames, wooden lamps and lamp stands, carpets, window drapes, and even clothes.
2. Wash bed linens, clothes, and window drapes on a regular basis in hot water. This step is crucial as it kills any eggs that may be hidden and not visible to the naked eye. Water temperature should be 120 degrees or hotter.
3. Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum... Vacuum floors, mattress, bed frames, and baseboards at least three times a week.
4. Purchase plastic mattress covers. This will protect your bed from any unwanted insects, including bed bugs.
If the above prevention techniques fail, call a pest professional to deal with the bed bugs. Serious infestations can be difficult to tackle on your own. If you are a New Jersey resident dealing with bed bugs, call today to speak with a member of our NJ staff.
Customer Preperation Before Arkadia’s Organic Bed Bug Control NJ Treatment:
1. Remove all sheets, linens, curtains, and comforters from bedrooms and/or any sleeping corridors along with any you may have in the linen closet. Wash and dry in high heat or dry clean. Once cleaned take to un-infested area such as the garage until treatment is finished. If infestation is in summer other measures may be taken for these items. Please call office for more info.
2. Remove all clothing from drawers and closets. Wash and dry in high heat or dry clean. Once cleaned take to un-infested area such as the garage until treatment is finished. If infestation is in summer other measures may be taken for these items. Please call office for more info.
3. Remove any other personal items from drawer and put in plastic bag (ie: books, paperwork, and makeup). Put in the center of the room neatly.
4. Move all items away from wall so that baseboards can be treated. Put in the center of the room neatly.
5. Remove all personal items from the floor area throughout the home. Put in the center of the room neatly.
6. Store all cleaned and dry items in plastic bags in an un-infested area.
7. Remove and discard any furniture and/or mattresses infested with bedbugs. One of our technicians at Arkadia – Eco Pest Control in NJ will advise you on this matter during the initial bed bug inspection. Most furniture can be saved, however, that furniture that cannot must be removed and put in bags or at curb for proper disposal.
Preparation before Arkadia’s Organic Bed Bug Control NJ treatment can seem tedious once you start, however it is of great importance for eliminating the bed bug problem in its entirety. Many people will have questions regarding preparation. If you have questions, please give us a call and a friendly customer service representative will be happy to help!